Lan Airlines S.A. (Lan Airlines) is a Chile based passenger airlines. It is principally engaged in offering domestic and international passenger services to its customers in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, and other Latin American countries and the Caribbean. It acts as one of the leading air cargo operators in the region. The company operates its business through three reportable segments that include passenger, cargo and others. The company serves 15 destination in Chile, 12 destinations in Peru, 2 destinations in Ecuador, 10 destinations in Argentina, 15 destinations in other Latin American countries and the Caribbean, 3 destinations in the US, 2 destinations in Europe and 4 destinations destinations in South Pacific. Additionally, it served 52 international destinations across the globe. Lan Airlines is headquartered at Santiago de Chile, Chile.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Lan Airlines S.A. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
Lan Airlines S.A. - Key Facts 4
Lan Airlines S.A. - Key Employees 5
Lan Airlines S.A. - Key Employee Biographies 6
Lan Airlines S.A. - Major Products and Services 7
Lan Airlines S.A. - History 8
Lan Airlines S.A. - Company Statement 10
Lan Airlines S.A. - Locations And Subsidiaries 11
Head Office 11
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 11
Section 2 – Company Analysis 13
Lan Airlines S.A. - Business Description 13
Lan Airlines S.A. - Corporate Strategy 14
Lan Airlines S.A. - SWOT Analysis 15
SWOT Analysis - Overview 15
Lan Airlines S.A. - Strengths 15
Strength - Diversified Revenue Base 15
Strength - Strong Financial Performance 15
Strength - Leading Presence in Key South American Markets 15
Strength - Strong Brand Identity 15
Lan Airlines S.A. - Weaknesses 16
Weakness - Dependence on Suppliers 16
Weakness - Reliance on Few Product Types 16
Lan Airlines S.A. - Opportunities 16
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions 16
Opportunity - Innovation and Technology 16
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Air-Freight in Asia Pacific 16
Lan Airlines S.A. - Threats 17
Threat - Fuel Price Risk 17
Threat - Integration of Acquisitions 17
Threat - Intense Competition 17
Threat - Consolidation in the Industry 17
Lan Airlines S.A. - Key Competitors 18
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 19
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 19
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 19
Performance Chart 21
Financial Performance 21
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 23
Section 4 – Appendix 24
Ratio Definitions 24
About GlobalData 28
Contact Us 28
List of Tables
Lan Airlines S.A., Key Facts 4
Lan Airlines S.A., Key Employees 5
Lan Airlines S.A., Key Employee Biographies 6
Lan Airlines S.A., Major Products and Services 7
Lan Airlines S.A., History 8
Lan Airlines S.A., Other Locations 11
Lan Airlines S.A., Subsidiaries 12
Lan Airlines S.A., Key Competitors 18
Lan Airlines S.A., Ratios based on current share price 19
Lan Airlines S.A., Annual Ratios 19
Lan Airlines S.A., Interim Ratios 22
Currency Codes 24
Capital Market Ratios 24
Equity Ratios 25
Profitability Ratios 25
Cost Ratios 26
Liquidity Ratios 26
Leverage Ratios 27
Efficiency Ratios 27
List of Figures
Lan Airlines S.A., Performance Chart (2006 - 2010) 21
Lan Airlines S.A., Ratio Charts 23