Transnet Limited (Transnet) is a transport service provider. The company is engaged in the freight transport and logistics through its ports, rail and pipelines. Its main operating divisions are Transnet Freight Rail, formerly Spoornet, the freight rail division; Transnet Rail Engineering, formerly Transwerk, the rolling stock maintenance business; Transnet National Ports Authority, formerly the NPA, performs the landlord function for South Africa’s port system; Transnet Port Terminals, formerly SAPO, dealing with port and cargo terminal operations and Transnet Pipelines, formerly Petronet, the fuel and gas pipeline business, pumps and manages the storage of petroleum and gas products through its network of high-pressure, long distance pipelines. Transnet Pipelines owns and operates strategic petroleum and gas pipeline infrastructure of 3,000 kilometers in South Africa, covering about five provinces. Transnet is headquartered at Johannesburg, South Africa.
Transnet Limited Key Recent Developments
Nov 04, 2011: Transnet Commissions GL Noble Denton Software For Multi-product Pipeline Training
GlobalData’s Transnet Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
Transnet Limited - Key Facts 4
Transnet Limited - Key Employees 5
Transnet Limited - Major Products and Services 6
Transnet Limited - Key Operational Summary 7
Transnet Limited - History 8
Transnet Limited - Company Statement 9
Transnet Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 – Company Analysis 16
Transnet Limited - Business Description 16
Transnet Limited - SWOT Analysis 17
SWOT Analysis - Overview 17
Transnet Limited - Strengths 17
Strength - Diversified Operations 17
Strength - Strong Operational Performance 17
Transnet Limited - Weaknesses 17
Weakness - Strikes and Disputes 17
Weakness - Declining Performance of General Freight Business 17
Transnet Limited - Opportunities 18
Opportunity - Expansion Activities 18
Opportunity - Investment in Infrastructure 18
Transnet Limited - Threats 18
Threat - Hike in Labor Costs 18
Threat - Regulatory Risk 18
Threat - Input Costs 18
Transnet Limited - Key Competitors 19
Section 3 – Company’s Recent Developments 20
Transnet Limited, Recent Developments 20
Nov 04, 2011: Transnet Commissions GL Noble Denton Software For Multi-product Pipeline Training 20
Section 4 – Appendix 21
About GlobalData 21
Contact Us 21
List of Tables
Transnet Limited, Key Facts 4
Transnet Limited, Key Employees 5
Transnet Limited, Major Products and Services 6
Transnet Limited, Key Operational Summary, 2010 7
Transnet Limited, History 8
Transnet Limited, Subsidiaries 15
Transnet Limited, Key Competitors 19