Foot Locker, Inc. (FL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
|Enquire | Email | Print
Published Date: May, 2011
No of Pages: 30
- Table of Contents
Foot Locker, Inc. (Foot Locker) is the world's leading athletic footwear and apparel retailers. The company, along with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the retailing of footwear and apparel. It operates approximately 3,500 stores under the brand names of Foot Locker, Foot action, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker and Champs Sports. In addition, the company also sells athletic footwear, apparel and equipment products through its internet and catalog channels. The company operates its stores in 21 countries across North America, Europe and Australia. In addition, it operates 22 franchised stores in the Middle East and South Korea. Foot Locker is headquartered in New York, the US.
Foot Locker, Inc. Key Recent Developments…
Mar 03, 2010: Foot Locker releases its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2009 financial results
Jan 11, 2010: Foot Locker closes 200 stores in fiscal 2009
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Foot Locker, Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
The Sports Authority, Inc.
Bakers Footwear Group
Shoe Carnival, Inc.
The Finish Line, Inc.
Collective Brands, Inc.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
Foot Locker, Inc. - Key Facts 4
Foot Locker, Inc. - Key Employees 5
Foot Locker, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 6
Foot Locker, Inc. - Major Products and Services 7
Foot Locker, Inc. - History 8
Foot Locker, Inc. - Company Statement 10
Foot Locker, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 12
Head Office 12
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 12
Section 2 – Company Analysis 14
Foot Locker, Inc. - Business Description 14
Foot Locker, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 15
SWOT Analysis - Overview 15
Foot Locker, Inc. - Strengths 15
Strength - Increased Profitability Ratios 15
Strength - Global Presence 15
Strength - Diversified Distribution System 15
Strength - Substantial Liquidity Position 15
Foot Locker, Inc. - Weaknesses 15
Weakness - Decline in Financial Performance 16
Weakness - Declining Market Share in Sector 16
Weakness - Overdependence on Nike for its Supplies 16
Foot Locker, Inc. - Opportunities 16
Opportunity - Growing Online Shopping 16
Opportunity - Strong Growth in Footwear Market 16
Opportunity - Increasing Demand for Women’s Athletic Footwear 16
Opportunity - Elimination of Import Duties on Footwear 17
Foot Locker, Inc. - Threats 17
Threat - Changing Customer expectations 17
Threat - Increase in Counterfeit Products 17
Threat - Changing Consumer Behavior 17
Threat - Increase in Wage Rates 17
Foot Locker, Inc. - Key Competitors 18
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 19
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 19
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 19
Performance Chart 21
Financial Performance 21
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 23
Foot Locker, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 24
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 25
Mar 03, 2010: Foot Locker releases its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2009 financial results 25
Jan 11, 2010: Foot Locker closes 200 stores in fiscal 2009 25
Section 5 – Appendix 26
Ratio Definitions 26
About GlobalData 30
Contact Us 30
List of Tables
Foot Locker, Inc., Key Facts 4
Foot Locker, Inc., Key Employees 5
Foot Locker, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 6
Foot Locker, Inc., Major Products and Services 7
Foot Locker, Inc., History 8
Foot Locker, Inc., Other Locations 12
Foot Locker, Inc., Subsidiaries 12
Foot Locker, Inc., Key Competitors 18
Foot Locker, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 19
Foot Locker, Inc., Annual Ratios 19
Foot Locker, Inc., Interim Ratios 22
Foot Locker, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 24
Currency Codes 26
Capital Market Ratios 26
Equity Ratios 27
Profitability Ratios 27
Cost Ratios 28
Liquidity Ratios 28
Leverage Ratios 28
Efficiency Ratios 29
List of Figures
Foot Locker, Inc., Performance Chart (2007 - 2011) 21
Foot Locker, Inc., Ratio Charts 23
|If above report doesn't have the business information suitable for your business, we can provide custom research that would be lucrative for your business or enhance your profession. We leverage most comprehensive, affordable, high-quality custom research which will match exact topic & specifications of your choice. Please visit Custom Research page to make an enquiry.
product id: 202291, price: INR 7341.375, GlobalData