If you got a question, look no further.
We post the most common questions
in our FAQ section.
Please fill in the form below to receive a Free Sample of the Report.
2014 saw a subdued performance from the still drinks category with growth at the global level of less than 1%. However, this number hides strong performances from Africa and MENA which saw growth of 9% and 7% respectively. Asia also saw minor growth and as the region comprises 62% of the entire still drinks category it had a major impact on the overall market. The subdued nature of the still drinks market in 2014 suggests a mixed performance globally. Markets such as India, Brazil and Saudi Arabia have seen strong growth rates, whereas China, USA and Mexico have all seen losses. This dichotomy is caused by several factors; the local perception of the health benefits of still drinks can have a massive impact on consumption. Affordability and product innovation are also vital in keeping consumer interest; countries that saw growth have seen a mixture of these three factors at work.
• Still drinks is one of the most diverse categories available to consumers. Players are always introducing new flavors and flavor mixes to keep consumers interested. There was a huge boom in pear flavored still drinks in China during 2012 and 2013 which abruptly ended during 2014 when the flavor saw a decline of 22%. Consumers in this market have started to move to other flavors such as lemon, which is now also building consumer interest at the global level
• HDPE bottle saw the largest decline in volume, falling by 12% in 2014. This performance was mainly driven by China, as HDPE bottle fell by 18% due to consumers moving away from smoothies. Despite this big drop, other pack types remained relatively stable with PET, board and metal all posting slight growth
• The distribution split remained relatively stable during 2014, with on-premise seeing some growth and off-premise remaining flat. Improvements in the distribution links of local producers and countries which have a culture of eating at street vendors and kiosks have helped to grow these channels
Canadean’s Global Still Drinks report covering over 80 countries, provides:
• Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2009-2014 with forecasts to 2018
• 2013-2014 volume data by segment, flavour, key company, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2015 forecasts
• Details of key new product launches in 2014 by company
• Overview of the competitive landscape in the Still Drinks market, with analysis of key company performance
• Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the Still Drinks market
Reasons To Buy
• The Global Still Drinks report allows you to evaluate forecast projections to 2018, enhancing your understanding of the evolving trends and consumption patterns
• The report is arranged by region, with accompanying country profiles giving you a comprehensive view of current and emerging trends and opportunities to support your corporate strategic planning
• Identify the current and emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the global still drinks market to assess the likely impact on your company’s performance
• Interrogate the data to understand both the historic and likely future performance of the global still drinks industry by region and country to support your long-term strategic planning