If you got a question, look no further.
We post the most common questions
in our FAQ section.
Please fill in the form below to receive a Free Sample of the Report.
The market for commercially produced baby food in Finland is well established and per capita consumption levels are among the highest in the world. The most important criteria for parents choosing baby food are reliability and safety. Concerns over additives in foods and environmental issues have become increasingly important for Finnish consumers, although this trend and the related interest in organic food have come to Finland more recently than to other north European markets. Historically, baby foods have generally been preservative-free, and based on 'natural' ingredients, and this has reduced the incentive to switch to premium organic lines. Parents buying baby food are increasingly keen to try new flavors, and 56% of their sample said they tried new flavors.
• The number of births in Finland has declined significantly since 2010, causing a negative effect on sales of baby food. As a result, consumption in 2015 is likely to be 9% down on the 2009 level. • Finland has the highest levels of per capita consumption of wet meals in the world, with sales of the meals & others category.
• Although Nestlé and Danone continue to dominate the market, accounting for 76.1% of value sales in 2015, they have lost share in recent years.
• Although the number of births may rise slightly over the period up to 2019 before a gradual reversal of this trend, any increase is likely to be small and will not be sufficient to give much impetus to the market.
“Baby Food in Finland” is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Finland market.What else does this report offer?
• Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
• Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
• Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
• Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
• Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
• Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.• Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
• Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
• Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.