If you got a question, look no further.
We post the most common questions
in our FAQ section.
Please fill in the form below to receive a Free Sample of the Report.
The market for baby food in Indonesia remains extremely underdeveloped despite the large potential size of the market with the third largest number of births in Asia as for 2015. Outside the main cities, the population is relatively poor, often living in primitive conditions and geographically scattered throughout more than 17,000 islands. Processed or convenience food is uncommon and is beyond the means of all but a few. Breastfeeding at some stage is almost universal, although exclusive breastfeeding rates are relatively low, albeit increasing for babies up to the age of three months. Breast milk is generally supplemented quite early on, although these foods are almost always home-prepared, mashed-up versions of fresh food. Wet baby meals are virtually unknown outside the wealthy segments in the large cities although cereals and dry meals are a slowly growing segment.
• Per capita consumption of baby food is increased by 17.3% since 2009.
• Cereals claim some 7.2% of retail sales, while other baby food (largely rusks and biscuits, although a few wet meals are also available) represent only 0.4% of value sales.
• The majority of baby food is distributed through food outlets, with supermarkets and other grocery outlets representing around 94% of baby milk sales by volume in 2015, and 99% of other baby food sales.
• Over the past few years, the supermarket and hypermarket channels have rapidly increased its profiles in the food retailing market in urban areas, and this is reflected in its growing importance in the baby food market.
“Baby Food in Indonesia” is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Indonesia market.What else does this report offer?
• Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
• Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
• Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
• Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
• Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
• Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
• Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
• Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
• Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.