Ethiopia Business Forecast Report
|Enquire | Email | Print
|One year subscription - FOUR Quarterly Issues US$ 1195
Single Issue US$ 530
No of Pages: 38
Buy through us and save. We do not add any Tax / Duty including VAT,GST
- Table of Contents
The Ethiopia Business Forecast Report helps businesses with market assessment,
strategic planning and decision making to promote growth and profitability in
Ethiopia and is an essential tool for CEOs, Chairmen, Finance Directors/CFOs,
Managing Directors, Marketing/Sales Directors with commercial interests in this
An influential new analysis of Ethiopia's economic, political and financial
prospects through end-2016, just published by award-winning forecasters,
Business Monitor International (BMI).
- Forecast the pace and stability of Ethiopia's economic and industry growth
- Identify and evaluate adverse political and economic trends, to facilitate risk
- Assess the critical shortcomings of the business environment that pose hidden
barriers and costs to corporate profitability.
- Contextualise Ethiopia's country risks against regional peers using BMI's
country comparative Risk Ratings system.
- Evaluate external threats to doing business in Ethiopia, including currency
volatility, the commodity price boom and protectionist policies.
The Ethiopia Business Forecast Report by Business Monitor International (BMI)
includes three major sections: Economic Outlook, Political Outlook, and Business
How will the Ethiopian economic policy-making and performance impact on
corporate profitability over 2012-2016?
BMI provides our fully independent 5-year forecasts for Ethiopia through
end-2016 for more than 50 economic and key industry indicators. We evaluate
growth, and also forecast the impact of economic management.
Economic Outlook Contents
The Ethiopia Business Forecast Report features BMI's forecasts with supporting
analysis for 2012 through to end-2016, set against government views and BMI's
evaluation of global and regional prospects.
Key Areas Covered:
- Full 10-year forecasts with data - for key macroeconomic variables including GDP
(real growth and per capita), population, inflation, current account balance and
the exchange rate.
- BMI's comprehensive Risk Ratings system - rates each country worldwide for
economic and political risk, and rates the business environment, within a global
and regional context.
- Economic Activity - real GDP growth, employment, inflation, consumption (wages,
retail sales, confidence).
- Balance of Payments - trade and investment, current and capital account.
- Monetary Policy - interest rate trends (bank lending and deposit rates) and
inflation (retail price and consumer price).
- Exchange Rate Policy - currency controls, foreign investment flows, exchange
rates and foreign exchange reserves.
- Fiscal Policy - macroeconomic strategy and policies, government finance and tax
- Foreign Direct Investment - approvals, inflows and climate.
- External Debt - debt profile (short and long-term plus public and private sector
- Global Assumptions - forecasts for each year to end-2016 covering: major
commodities, growth in key regions, inflation, and interest and exchange rates,
in the United States, Japan, China and the eurozone.
- 10-Year Forecasts For Key States - Real and nominal GDP Growth; GDP by
expenditure breakdown (where available); population; nominal per capita GDP
(US$); inflation; exchange rates (versus US$ and, where appropriate, EUR);
current account balance.
- Rely upon BMI's 100% independent forecast scenarios for Ethiopia and underlying
assumptions - we take no advertising and are privately-owned.
- Exploit the benefits of BMI's comprehensive and reliable macroeconomic database
on Ethiopia, sourced and fully maintained by BMI from an extensive network of
private sector, government and multilateral contacts.
- Gain key insights into the current and future direction of government economic
policy, which could significantly affect your company's business prospects, from
BMI's team of analysts and economists.
What are the political risks to doing business in Ethiopia over the next
BMI's Ethiopia country Risk Ratings evaluate the short- and medium-term threats
to political stability.
Political Outlook Contents
- SWOT Analysis for the Ethiopian Market - Political Strengths, Weaknesses,
Opportunities and Threats facing Ethiopia.
- Political Stability and Risk Assessment - BMI's Risk Ratings assess explicit
short- and long-term risks to political stability; latest ratings, rankings and
trends for Ethiopia's risk are compared with regional and global averages.
- Current Administration and Policy-making BMI assesses the threats to the
continuity of economic policy, and likely changes to the business operating
- Long-Term Political Outlook - BMI examines the structural risks to the stability
of the political system and the dominant public policy issues likely to affect
decision-makers, and outlines scenarios for how the state could evolve in the
medium to long term for key states.
- Benchmark Ethiopia's risk profile against its neighbours, the global and
regional average, allowing easy comparison of risks between key business
- Identify, evaluate and anticipate political and security risks to the business
environment, and to your company's current operations and future plans.
- Gain valuable insights into government and policy-making, through BMI's
specialist team of analysts and economists, and their network of private and
public sector sources.
Business Environment Risk Ratings with SWOT Analysis - Business environment Risk
Ratings for Ethiopia, benchmarked against ratings for regional neighbours.
Country Competitiveness - Competitiveness of Ethiopia's business operating
environment in supporting corporate growth and profitability, compared with
Business Environment Contents
- Domestic Environment - Transparency, cronyism and corruption; labour market
flexibility; corporate tax burden; interest rate levels; sophistication of
banking sector and stock market; levels of business confidence; infrastructure
- Foreign Direct Investment - Analysis of foreign investment regime, foreign
ownership laws; attractiveness of business environment to foreign investors;
review of major foreign direct investments.
- Foreign Trade - Analysis of trading environment, government trade policy,
liberalisation measures, tariffs and membership of trade areas.
- Assess your company's evolving exposure to country specific operational and
business risks, using BMI's in-depth analysis of the legal and regulatory
- Understand your market's comparative strengths and weaknesses in the key areas
of commercial infrastructure and business institutions, using BMI's proprietary
global Business Environment Risk Ratings.
Executive Summary 5
Core Views 5
Major Forecast Changes 5
Key Risks To Outlook 5
Chapter 1: Political Outlook 7
SWOT Analysis 7
BMI Political Risk Ratings 7
Domestic Politics 8
Returning Government To Stay The Course
The incumbent Ethiopian People’s Revolutionary Democratic Front party won a
landslide victory over Medrek, the
forum of eight opposition parties, in the 2010 elections, although the victory
was marred by allegations of fraud and
criticised by international observers
Long-Term Political Outlook 9
More Armed Conflict Likely This Decade
Ethiopia’s much-vaunted democratisation programme – particularly a devolution of
authority to the regions – is being
used as a facade for ethnically-based ‘divide and rule’ policies designed to
protect the interests of a small Tigrayan-run clique
Tabl e: Political Ov erview 10
Chapter 2: Economic Outlook 13
SWOT Analysis 13
BMI Economic Risk Ratings 13
Economic Activity 14
Growth To Be Propelled By Agricultural Engine
We believe that Ethiopia will be among the fastest-growing economies in the
world in 2011 (when we expect real GDP
to surpass 80%) and beyond, due to a large youthful population and a low base
Table: Economic Activity 14
Exchange Rate 16
Business Climate: Slow Pace, But The Right Direction
Ethiopia is a nation of immense potential, although there remain challenges to
fulfilling that promise
Table: Ex change Rate 16
Key Sectors 17
Growth Creates New Opportunities
While agriculture will remain the fundamental driver of the Ethiopian economy
over the foreseeable future, other
opportunities are beginning to emerge in the fast-growing country
Chapter 3: 10-Year Forecast 23
The Ethiopian Economy To 2020 21
Continuous Economic Expansion Over 2011-2020
We are upbeat on Ethiopia’s long-term growth prospects, forecasting annual
average real GDP growth of 62% over
Table: Long-Term Macroeconomic Forecasts 21
Chapter 4: Business Environment 23
SWOT Analysis 23
BMI Business Environment Risk Ratings 23
Business Environment Outlook 24
TABLE: BMI BUSINESS AN D OPERATION RISKRATIN GS 24
TABLE: BMI LEGAL FRAMEWORK RATIN G 26
Market Orientation 27
TABLE: LABOUR FORCE QUA LITY 28
TABLE: MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA , ANNUAL FDI IN FLOWS 29
Operational Risk 30
Table: Top Ex port Destinations 30
Chapter 5: BMI Global Assumptions 33
Global Outlook 33
Tabl e: Global Assumptions 33
TABLE: GLOBAL & REGIONAL REA L GDP GROWTH % CH G Y-O-Y 34
TABLE: CONSENSUS FORECASTS 34
|If above report doesn't have the business information suitable for your business, we can provide custom research that would be lucrative for your business or enhance your profession. We leverage most comprehensive, affordable, high-quality custom research which will match exact topic & specifications of your choice. Please visit Custom Research page to make an enquiry.
product id: 71403, price: INR 72437, BMI