If you got a question, look no further.
We post the most common questions
in our FAQ section.
Please fill in the form below to receive a Free Sample of the Report.
The United Kingdom smoking tobacco market is characterized by two distinct sectors: a UK-duty paid market and a large non-UK duty paid element, the latter comprising both legitimate and illegal cross-border sales. Legitimate UK-duty paid sales of smoking tobacco increased to a peak of almost 6,500 tons in 2013, but dropped in 2014. However, a further 6,000 tons of non-UK duty paid smoking tobacco is believed to have been consumed.
• The UK domestic duty paid smoking tobacco market increased for the tenth consecutive year in 2013, reaching a peak around of 6,500 tons, driven by the growing demand for fine cut tobacco, but suffered a slight setback in 2014, when duty paid volume declined less than 1%
• Based on this data, Canadean estimates that the UK adult smoking population aged 18 and over stood at almost 10 million in 2014, compared with 13 million approximately in 1990 and 12 million in 2000.
• Exports figures show that the Netherlands and the UAE were the most notable countries for exportations in 2013, with Indonesia and Vietnam emerging as important destinations in 2014. Germany was the most significant destination for exports in 2014, followed by the Netherlands and Poland
• Growth in demand for FCT is expected to resume from 2016 onwards, with duty paid volumes forecast to reach less than 8,000 tonnes by 2024, which represents an increase of more than 20% from 2014 volumes
“Smoking Tobacco in the UK” is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the UK market.
What else does this report offer?
• Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise
• Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
• Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
• Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024
Reasons To Buy
• Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
• Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
• As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Norwegian market is key to ensuring maximum future sales
• The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers
• Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and identify where to compete in the future