If you got a question, look no further.
We post the most common questions
in our FAQ section.
Please fill in the form below to receive a Free Sample of the Report.
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Confectionery sector in Japan. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Confectionery categories and their packaging.
• Japan is the largest Confectionery market in Asia with a high per capita consumption of Chocolate.
• Chocolate is the largest category in the Confectionery market in Japan with a per-capita consumption of 2.0 kg. The seasonal fluctuation of sales in this category is high, with the consumption of chocolate in the winter recorded 30% higher than in summer.
• Japanese consumers are looking for new taste experiences and trying out new flavors, as a result, products with new flavors are launched quite frequently.
• Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material for Confectionery products in Japan, followed by Paper & Board.
• Hypermarkets & Supermarkets dominate the distribution of Confectionery products in Japan
Japan is the largest Confectionery market in Asia with a high per capita consumption of Chocolate. Japan’s aging population will seek Confectionery products with functional benefits as a result of rising health concerns which will result in an increase in sales of dark Chocolate. Sugar Confectionery will register the highest growth and consumers will look for new and innovative ingredients and flavours.
Reasons To Buy
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Japanese Confectionery sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.