If you got a question, look no further.
We post the most common questions
in our FAQ section.
Please fill in the form below to receive a Free Sample of the Report.
SummaryKirby Corporation (Kirby) is a marine transportation company that provides marine transportation and diesel engine services. The company operates through business segments such as Marine Transportation and Diesel Engine Services. Its services include the transporting of petrochemicals, refined petroleum products, black oil, and agricultural chemical products by tank barge. Kirby's diesel engine segment serves as a distributor and service provider for high-speed diesel engines, transmissions, pumps and compression products, and manufactures and remanufactures oilfield service equipment. The company also owns and operates six offshore barge and tugboat units transporting dry-bulk commodities in the US. Kirby is headquartered in Houston, Texas, the USKirby Corporation Key Recent DevelopmentsJan 27, 2016: Kirby Announces 2015 Fourth Quarter And Full Year ResultsOct 28, 2015: Kirby Announces 2015 Third Quarter ResultsJul 29, 2015: Kirby Announces 2015 Second Quarter ResultsApr 29, 2015: Kirby Announces 2015 First Quarter ResultsJan 28, 2015: Kirby Announces Record 2014 Fourth Quarter And Year ResultsThis comprehensive SWOT profile of Kirby Corporation provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.This company report forms part of GlobalData's ‘Profile on Demand' service, covering over 50,000 of the world's leading companies. Once purchased, GlobalData's highly qualified team of company analysts will comprehensively research and author a full financial and strategic analysis of Kirby Corporation including a detailed SWOT analysis, and deliver this direct to you in pdf format within two business days. (excluding weekends).The profile contains critical company information including*,
- Business description – A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of Contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Kirby Corporation - Key Information
Kirby Corporation - Overview
Kirby Corporation - Key Employees
Kirby Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
Kirby Corporation - Key Operational Heads
Kirby Corporation - Major Products and Services
Kirby Corporation - History
Kirby Corporation - Company Statement
Kirby Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Kirby Corporation - Business Description
Kirby Corporation - Corporate Strategy
Kirby Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Kirby Corporation - Strengths
Kirby Corporation - Weaknesses
Kirby Corporation - Opportunities
Kirby Corporation - Threats
Kirby Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Performance Charts
Kirby Corporation - Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Appendix
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company List of Tables
Kirby Corporation, Key Information
Kirby Corporation, Key Ratios
Kirby Corporation, Share Data
Kirby Corporation, Major Products and Services
Kirby Corporation, History
Kirby Corporation, Key Employees
Kirby Corporation, Key Employee Biographies
Kirby Corporation, Key Operational Heads
Kirby Corporation, Other Locations
Kirby Corporation, Subsidiaries
Kirby Corporation, Key Competitors
Kirby Corporation, SWOT Analysis
Kirby Corporation, Ratios based on current share price
Kirby Corporation, Annual Ratios
Kirby Corporation, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
Efficiency Ratios List of Figures
Kirby Corporation, Performance Chart
Kirby Corporation, Ratio Charts