If you got a question, look no further.
We post the most common questions
in our FAQ section.
Please fill in the form below to receive a Free Sample of the Report.
ValueNotes presents a research report on the cold chain industry in India.
This industry report covers intelligence on the market size, growth, industry
trends, industry attractiveness, and Porter’s analysis. The report covers fiscal
years 2013 through 2017.
India is the second largest producer of fruits and vegetables (about 200million
metric tonnes) but it has a very limited integrated cold-chain infrastructure,
with only ~5,400 stand-alone cold storages having a total capacity of
~23.6million metric tonnes.
- The cold chain industry in India is currently valued at INR 245bn (~USD
4billion) in FY 2013 and has been growing at ~18% for the last three years.
ValueNotes estimates that the industry will be worth approximately INR 520bn (~USD
10billion) by FY 2017, growing at CAGR of ~20%
- Surface storage warehousing in India has a capacity of around 23.6million
metric tonnes as of 2010, and private sector cold storages in the country
accounts for a capacity of 22.24million metric tonnes; cooperative sector for
1.88million metric tonnes; while the public sector accounts for 0.47million
- Surface storage in cold chain industry to reach 95 million metric tonnes (MT)
- The new initiatives announced during the Union Budget - modernization of
existing facilities, new ventures via private & government partnerships, etc. –
will boost the integrated cold chain industry in India
- Change in lifestyle and demand for processed or packaged food is creating the
need for cold storage solutions across India
The report includes profiles of the leading players in the cold chain industry -
Brahmanand Himghar, Dev Bhumi Cold Chain, Gati Ltd, Gubba Cold Storage Ltd,
Snowman Logistics Ltd - with a brief overview about their service offerings, key
financial ratios, expansion strategies, etc.
1 Executive Summary
2 Industry Structure
- Cold chain industry structure
- Evolution of cold storage in India
- Cold chain industry classification
- - Surface storage
- - Refrigerated transport
- Industry Process
3 Market Overview
- Market size & growth
- Market segmentation
- - Surface storage
- - Refrigerated transport
- End-user segmentation
- Geographical analysis
4 Drivers & Inhibitors
- Driver 1: Organized retail growth
- Driver 2: Growth in end-user segments (food processing, horticulture,
- Driver 3: Government initiatives
- Driver 4:Investment in infrastructure
- Inhibitor 1: Logistical Challenges
- Inhibitor 2: Rising real estate cost
- Inhibitor 3: Lack of skilled manpower & technological upgrades
5 Government Initiatives & Policies
6 Industry Trends
7 Industry Analysis
8 Competitive Environment
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Complete Profiles:
- - Brahmanand Himghar Ltd.
- - Dev Bhumi Cold Chain Ltd.
- - Gati Ltd.
- - Gubba Cold Storage Ltd.
- - Snowman Logistics Ltd
- Desired storage environment of fruits and vegetables in the cold storage
- Commodity wise distribution of number of cold storages
- Commodity wise distribution of cold storages (by capacity in MT)
- Sector wise distribution of cold storages
- Research Methodology
- Abbreviations & Bibliography
List of Charts
Chart 1 Integrated cold chain network
Chart 2 Share of cold chain in logistics in 2013 – India (in USD bn, %)
Chart 3 Cold chain market size and growth (USD bn)
Chart 4 Surface storage growth in India in Million Metric Tonnes
Chart 5 Segmentation by ownership (based on number of facilities owned)
Chart 6 Refrigerated transport growth in India in Million Metric Tonnes
Chart 7 Surface refrigerated transport current scenario in Million Metric Tonnes
Chart 8 End-user segmentation in Million Metric Tonnes
Chart 9 Growth of organized retail industry in India (USD bn)
Chart 10 Growth of food processing sector in India (USD bn
Chart 11 Growth of horticulture produce (in million tonnes)
Chart 12 Growth of pharmaceuticals sector in India (USD bn
Chart 13 Annual Turnover of Brahmanand Himghar Ltd. (USD Million)
Chart 14 Annual Turnover of Dev Bhumi Cold Chain Ltd. (USD Million)
Chart 15 Annual Turnover of Gati Ltd. (USD Million)
Chart 16 Annual Turnover of Gubba Cold Storage (USD Million)
Chart 17 Annual Turnover of Snowman Logistics Ltd. (USD Million)
List of Tables
Table 1 Government initiatives for investment in infrastructure
Table 2 Percentage increase in real estate costs at international trade hubs
Table 3 Competitive benchmarking of top players in India
Table 4 Financial indicators of Brahmanand Himghar Limited
Table 5 Financial indicators of Dev Bhumi Cold Chain Limited
Table 6 Financial indicators of Gati Limited
Table 7 Financial indicators of Gubba Cold Storage
Table 8 Financial indicators of Snowman Logistics Limited